The Malcolm Group is a privately owned and highly successful Logistics, Construction and Maintenance business, employing circa 2000 people across the UK. We value our people and we pride ourselves in our low staff turnover.
We are as passionately dedicated to our employees as we are to our customers. For this reason our Careers Policy is to attract, develop and retain the very best people because we appreciate it’s their abilities, motivation and initiative that differentiates The Malcolm Group from our competitors.
Our Logistics Division operates 450 trucks, over 5 million square feet of warehousing and major rail freight terminals, servicing several blue chip customers.
LGV (C+E) HGV DRIVERS
We currently have permanent vacancies for experienced HGV drivers to be based at the following depots:-
A class 1 C+E licence is essential, as is a full Driver's CPC so, please only apply if you have the necessary licence and valid CPC qualification. The roles are varied and involve nationwide delivery and collection of third party products on curtain-sided vehicles and containers. Successful candidates will have a professional attitude, good communication skills and will demonstrate enthusiasm and a good work ethic.
Actual hours of work for each shift will be as requested by your own depot, taking into account all legislation in force at the time, with overtime as required to meet the needs of the business. There are a number of shift opportunities available.
Benefits include work wear subject to conditions and a pension scheme in compliance with Government auto enrolment legislation.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very successful and well known Company.
FLT Operative - Harlow
Hours – Monday to Thursday 12.00 – 22.00/Friday 10.00 – 20.00
Hourly Rates - competitive
Immediate start available.
We are looking for a confident, competent, good communicator with warehouse experience who holds a valid counterbalance certificate fromone of the following authorities RTITB, NPORS, ITSSAR, AITT or LANTRA.
The role is focused around a busy customer production operation, handling of goods in and out, working with the transport team and including stock control and general warehouse duties. Full training will be provided.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful and well known UK logistics business with all the benefits of working for a large company.
See our website malcolmgroup.co.uk for further company information.
Transport Planner - Gatenby Depot
Hours: Monday to Friday plus 1 in 3 Saturdays.
Experience: Minimum 1 year experience preferred but not essential as full training will be given.
The Malcolm Group is a privately owned and highly successful logistics, construction and maintenance business employing over 2000 people across the UK. At our logistics depot in Gatenby, North Yorkshire we are looking for a Transport Planner to join our busy team.
- Ensure safe, legal and effective planning and running of a fleet of vehicles and drivers.
- Plan inbound and outbound deliveries and collections to ensure that customer service is achieved.
- Develop and maintain excellent communication channels with all relevant WHM depots to ensure an effective support network and continuity across depots.
- Accurately input manual customer orders into the system.
- Maintain regular communication channels with Drivers throughout shift and identify any issues that may affect the agreed delivery time.
- Communicate any issues that may affect the agreed delivery time to relevant customer through the established channels.
- Remain focused on providing an excellent level of customer service.
Required Qualifications and Experience -
- Experience of working within a busy Transport Office preferred but not essential as full training will be given.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels when dealing with Managers, Drivers and Customers.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Sound geographical knowledge.
- The ability to prioritise own workload based on the changes that occur with planned routes.
- A good working knowledge of current computer programmes such as Word, Excel, Outlook.
- The ability to maintain a high level of performance whilst working under pressure.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very successful and well known business with all the usual benefits of working for a large company.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Traffic Planner - Crick, Daventry
Hours: Monday to Friday with some Saturdays.
Experience: No Transport Industry experience is necessary as full training will be given.
The Malcolm Group is a privately owned and highly successful logistics, construction and maintenance business employing over 2000 people across the UK. Our logistics division operates 450 trucks, over 5 million square feet of warehousing and major rail freight terminals, servicing several blue chip customers.
At our logistics depot in Crick, Daventry, we are seeking a highly organised individual, with excellent communication skills and an interest in the transport industry. This is a permanent role for which you will receive on the job training, support and mentoring in order to achieve the skills and knowledge to understand the nature of a transport operation and to become an effective Transport Planner.
A positive and professional attitude and the ability to demonstrate initiative is essential as is a conscientious attitude toward work.
- Demonstrate keen attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- Ability to resolve issues before they become problems.
- Ability to react positively under pressure.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to absorb information and retain as knowledge.
- Computer literate (Word & Excel).
Duties to include
- Effective planning and running of a fleet of vehicles and drivers.
- Planning inbound and outbound deliveries and collections
- Issuing appropriate paperwork to Drivers at the beginning of shift. Ensuring that completed paperwork is collected from Driver upon completion of each shift.
- Updating Transport systems accurately and in real time as and when changes occur throughout the shift.
- Maintaining regular communication channels with Drivers throughout shift and identifying issues that may affect the agreed delivery time.
- Communicating any issues that may affect the agreed delivery time to relevant customer though the established channels.
- Accurately inputting manual customer orders into the system.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very successful and well known business.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
FLT Operative 4040 Rotating Days/Nights
The Company is seeking to appoint an experienced FLT Operative based at our Harlow Depot. We are looking for someone who has a current Valid Counterbalance certificate required fromone of the following authorities RTITB, NPORS, ITSSAR, AITT or LANTRA.
You must be confident, competent and have good communication skills given the safety critical nature of the work that is undertaken. Due to the nature of the work it is preferred that you have experience in all aspects of Warehousing but full on the job training will be given.
Duties to include;
- Receiving of good Goods in/out bound
- Carrying out manual procedures
- Loading and off-loadingof Glass Bottles / Packaging
- Preparing trailers; including but not limited to pulling open/closed side curtains and fastening/unfastening load-securing straps
- Load securing
- Paperwork verifications
- Stock control
- Manual lifting
- Communication with managers, supervisors and stock control team
- General warehouse duties & good housekeeping practices
- Housing/checking stock from the production line
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org