Dayshift 4o4o Planner
Experience: Minimum 1 year experience in a traffic office essential.
The Malcolm Group is a privately owned and highly successful logistics, construction and maintenance business employing over 2000 people across the UK. Our logistics division operates 450 trucks, over 5 million square feet of warehousing and major rail freight terminals, servicing several blue chip customers. At our logistics depot in Haydock we are looking for an experienced Traffic Planner to join our busy team.
- Ensure safe, legal and effective planning and running of a fleet of vehicles and drivers.
- Plan inbound and outbound deliveries and collections to ensure that excellent customer service is achieved.
- Develop and maintain excellent communication channels with all relevant WHM depots to ensure an effective support network and continuity across depots.
- Issue appropriate paperwork to Drivers at the beginning of shift.
- Liaise with WH Malcolm internal Customer Service Department in order to establish customers’ requirements.
- Liaise with Warehouse to ensure the adequate provision of trailers for deliveries and collections.
- Ensure that all Transport systems are updated accurately and in real time as and when changes occur throughout the shift.
- Accurately input manual customer orders into the system.
- Maintain regular communication channels with Drivers throughout shift and identify any issues that may affect the agreed delivery time.
- Communicate any issues that may affect the agreed delivery time to relevant customer through the established channels.
- Communicate with other internal Haydock departments, i.e. Warehouse, Workshops etc.
- Remain focused on providing an excellent level of customer service.
Required Qualifications and Experience -
- Experience of working within a busy Transport Office.
- Excellent knowledge of driver hours and WTD.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels when dealing with Managers, Drivers and Customers.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Sound geographical knowledge.
- The ability to prioritise own workload based on the changes that occur with planned routes.
- A good working knowledge of current computer programmes such as Word, Excel, Outlook.
- The ability to maintain a high level of performance whilst working under pressure.
Don't have a CV? Download our application form here