We have excellent opportunities for (C+E) Class 1 Drivers to become part of our operation, committed to providing a first class service to our customers.
Scope and Purpose of the Role
Undertake delivery / collection of product on behalf of ourselves and our customers. Driving company vehicles to agreed standards and following all Health & Safety (H&S) requirements. Ensuring all driving regulations & other compliance standards are maintained. To drive safely and efficiently whilst adhering to Highway Code guidelines and the Road Traffic Act.
Key Duties and Accountabilities (will include but not be limited to)
- Comply with all EU Drivers’ Hours / tachograph / WTD regulations (including UK Domestic where appropriate.
- Adhere to all H&S rules. Comply with other sites rules and maintain high standards of compliance, hygiene and housekeeping.
- General driving duties, observing current legal and best practice delivering and collection to/from our customers’ premises or other locations.
- Wearing correct company uniform and PPE.
- Maintaining a professional standard whilst delivering, driving or collecting products.
- Carry out pre-use checks prior to using any equipment / vehicle / trailer, complying with appropriate documentation & procedures.
- Reporting of any vehicle defects / damage or H&S issues.
- Ensuring that vehicle loads are safe and damage free, secured with the appropriate restraints as per company procedures / Safe Systems of Work.
- Check/ complete /retain and hand over all load documentation/POD’s and delivery paperwork.
- Ensure that the returned goods process is followed at all times.
- Provide relevant feedback to management on information gathered whilst completing duties.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness using all equipment safely as specified in operating procedures and Safe Systems of Work.
- Operate in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Key Experience and Qualifications
- Candidate should have no more than 6 points (current) on their licence and no endorsements for DD / DR offence codes.
- Must have a current, valid licence appropriate to the category required.
- Candidate with a non UK driving licence and who live in the UK must provide evidence of a UK Certificate of registration, which can be obtained free from the DVLA on submission of Form D9.
- Must be capable of passing a company driving assessment.
- Ideally have experience of loading / unloading and delivering goods to customer premises.
- Experience of multi-drop deliveries desirable.
- A reasonable geographical knowledge of the UK.
- Good understanding of Drivers Hours & WTD regulations.
- A current Driver Qualification Card and preferably have accrued sufficient hours toward the next qualification period.
- Must have a current /working digi-tacho card.
Technical skills and behavioural competencies
- Excellent driving skills.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Good customer service and communication skills.
- Health and Safety conscious. Demonstrate company values.
- Ability to complete record sheets and paperwork accurately.
- Reasonable levels of fitness in relation to manual handling.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Demonstrate a reasonable standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Various shifts available.
- Reasonable overtime available in line with operational requirements.
- Nights out may be required in line with operational requirements and depending on shift.
- Work for a professional, highly successful business with several blue chip customers.
- Modern, well maintained fleet.
- Competitive base and overtime rates.
- Provision of uniform and PPE.
- Auto enrolled pension scheme.
- South Street Glasgow