Forklift Truck Driver
Our Forklift Truck Drivers (FLT) are based in our Logistics division.
Our Logistics division operates from numerous locations throughout the UK providing integrated logistics solutions including warehousing, road and rail distribution and supply chain management.
Our FLT Drivers are confident, competent and have good communication skills given the safety critical nature of the work that is undertaken. FLT Drivers need to demonstrate a good work ethic as they are required to work well on their own initiative as well as part of a team.
Our FLT Drivers are a vital part of our 24/7 service delivery to our customers and as part of this we can offer a variety of shifts across days and nights.
Scope and Purpose of the Role
This is a varied role involving the operation of a forklift to move, locate, relocate, stack and count products within our Warehouses in order to fulfil our customers’ orders.
Our FLT Drivers are responsible for all of the stock stored in our Warehouses from the arrival of the stock to despatch and all of the steps in between.
Key Duties and Accountabilities (will include but not be limited to)
- Receiving of Goods in/out bound
- Carrying out manual procedures
- Loading and offloading of products
- Preparing trailers; including but not limited to pulling open/closed side curtains and fastening/unfastening load-securing straps
- Load securing
- Paperwork verifications
- Stock control
- Manual handling as required
- Communication with managers, supervisors and stock control team
- General warehouse duties & good house keeping practices
- Housing/checking stock from the production line
- Maintaining a professional standard whilst fulfilling customer orders
- Operate in accordance with company policies and procedures
Key Experience and Qualifications
Due to the nature of this role it is preferred that you have experience in all aspects of Warehousing but full training will be given.
- Candidates must hold a current Valid Counterbalance certificate from one of the following authorities RTITB, NPORS, ITSSAR, AITT or LANTRA upon commencement.
- It would be beneficial to have current or previous experience in handling various palletised goods e.g. Glass, Paper & plastic.
Technical skills and behavioural competencies
- Excellent driving skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Good customer service and communication skills.
- Health and Safety conscious. Demonstrate company values.
- Ability to complete record sheets and paperwork accurately.
- Reasonable levels of fitness in relation to manual handling.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Demonstrate a reasonable standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Various shifts available.
- Reasonable overtime available in line with operational requirements.
- Work for a professional, highly successful business with several blue chip customers.
- Modern, well maintained equipment.
- Competitive base and overtime rates.
- Provision of uniform and PPE.
- Auto enrolled pension scheme