Railport Operative - Daventry Railport
Experience: Knowledge of Railway Operations preferred but not essential as full training will be given.
At our Railport at Daventry we are looking for a Railport Operative to join our team. This is a varied and interesting role, operating mechanical handling equipment, locomotive driving and train preparation. The role involves working outside with a small, friendly team within a 24/7 operation.
- Driving Shunt Locomotive.
- Arrival, Pre-Departure & Final Train Checks.
- Performing Train-Shunting Duties.
- Operating 90-ton Intermodal Reachstacker (Container Handler).
- Ensuring H&S procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Liaising with Traffic Office to ensure efficient handling of road vehicles.
- Completion of stock integrity checks and associated data input.
Preferred Qualifications (not essential as full training will be given)
- Intermodal Reachstacker Licence.
- 08 Shunt Locomotive Licence.
- Certificate of Competency in Carriage & Wagon examination.
- Trained in Shunting and Train Preparation.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very successful and well known business.
Don't have a CV? Download our application form here