Experience: Experience in a similar role plus Counterbalance FLT Licence preferred but not essential.
The Malcolm Group is a privately owned and highly successful logistics, construction and maintenance business employing over 2000 people across the UK. Our logistics division operates 450 trucks, over 5 million square feet of warehousing and major rail freight terminals, servicing several blue chip customers.
The Company is seeking to appoint an experienced Stock Controller based at our Haydock Logistics Depot.
The candidate should ideally have a Counterbalance FLT Licence and warehousing experience and be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of common computer packages. The successful candidate should have the ability to conduct tasks in a timely and efficient manner. A good telephone manner, clear communication skills, effective team working skills and a keen eye for detail are essential attributes required for this role.
Working closely with the Warehouse Manager in order to ensure that all aspects of warehouse stock control and administration functions are maintained to Company/Customer standards, whilst also ensuring that all Company and Customer physical requirements are met within the Warehousing operation, these duties will include;
- Assisting with daily warehouse checks in order to identify any issues relating to stock levels, stacking, housekeeping etc.
- Ensuring that incoming product is managed and stored appropriately in line with customer SOP requirements.
- Fork lift driving during peak periods plus holiday/sickness cover.
- Ensuring that all products are picked at the correct customer specified level.
- Maintaining the correct physical batch control within the warehouse.
- Completing, maintaining and distributing stock reports on a daily basis to relevant parties.
- Data entry/booking out on warehouse systems.
- Administration and overseeing of stock rotation and Warehouse movements.
- Customer liaison regarding returns and stock queries.
Knowledge and understanding of Transport and Warehouse systems would be beneficial, although training for internal systems be provided.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very successful and well known business.
Don't have a CV? Download our application form here