Malcolm Logistics is seeking to appoint an experienced and competent dayshift Traffic Planner at our Grangemouth logistics depot. This is an exciting opportunity to join a very successful and well known business.
This role is ideally suited to an individual with a keen interest in transport and distribution who can demonstrate a proven record of effective and efficient transport planning within a national busy fleet operation. The overall objective of this role is to ensure that the customer receives a first class service whilst maintaining cost effectiveness.
Main areas of responsibility willinclude:
- Providing professional customerservice
- Day-to-day load planning and scheduling of thefleet
- Prioritising workload and routeplanning
- Daily driver brief andde-brief
- Liaising with sub-contractors and suppliers
- Liaising with other internal departments
Key skills andattributes:
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK
- Knowledge and understanding of Driver’s Working Time Regulations
- Awareness of Driver’s CPC legislation
- Effective teamplayer
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good IT skills and exposure to route planning software or equivalent
- Transport related experience preferred
The successful candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding of the priorities of organising and running commercial traffic, a keen eye for detail and accuracy, the ability to learn quickly, professional confidence and clear communication skills together with a familiarity of common computer packages i.e. Microsoft Office or equivalent. Previous experience with Road Runner or similar route planning software is essential.
The hours of work will be based on Monday to Friday rotating dayshifts and one in six weekend working. You are expected to demonstrate reasonable flexibility in your working hours in order to suit the needs of the business, particularly at peak operational periods.
A competitive salary is offered, which shall be discussed further at interview stage.
Don't have a CV? Download our application form here