Administration Assistant - Bathgate
The Malcolm Group is a privately owned and highly successful business employing over 2000 people across Scotland and England. Our Logistics division provides supply chain management, storage, distribution and related services to a number of major customers via numerous strategically located intermodal centres, and is the operator of major rail freight terminals, 450 trucks and over 5 million square feet of warehousing throughout the UK. The Company provides integrated third party logistics solutions including bonded and non-bonded warehousing and supply chain management to a number of blue chip customers across Scotland and England.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Administration Assistant to join the team at our Bathgate location.
The successful candidate will provide administrative support for the 24/7 operation, ensuring the highest level of accuracy at all times. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a practical understanding of general office and administrative duties and have the ability to conduct tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
An understanding and practical appreciation of warehousing and stock control procedures is essential as are clear communication skills, effective team working skills and a keen eye for detail.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Creating picking tickets, shipping notes/goods issuing
- Booking in/out stock
- Supporting production counts
- Checking previous day loading tickets and re-housing sheets for discrepancies
- Supporting with and monitoring quarantined stock
- Preparing for customer stock audits
- Ensuring regular audits of the warehouse in line with defined customer standards
- Carrying out and verifying daily stock checks
- Ensuring that Cycle Counts are actioned and discrepancies investigated
- Actioning Status Changes in a timely manner
- Completing stock-related records as required
- Liaising with warehouse personnel with regards to stock movements and handling
Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Outlook is essential and experience of working with Warehouse and Transport systems including SAP, Dispatcher and Road Runner Pro will prove beneficial but training for such shall be provided.
The hours of work will be based on Monday to Friday dayshift. Reasonable flexibility is expected in order to meet the requirements of the business, particularly at peak operational periods.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a very successful and well known business.
Please note we are unable to send a personal acknowledgment to every applicant. Thank you for your applications, we will be in contact if you are successful for interview.
Don't have a CV? Download our application form here