FLT Driver/Warehouse Operative
Experience: Minimum 1 year experience preferred but not essential.
The Malcolm Group is a privately owned and highly successful logistics, construction and maintenance business employing over 2000 people across the UK. Our logistics division operates 450 trucks, over 5 million square feet of warehousing and major rail freight terminals, servicing several blue-chip customers.
At our logistics depot in Crick, Daventry we are looking for an experienced FLT Driver/Warehouse Operative to join our team. Reasonable flexibility is essential as is the willingness to work additional overtime when required to cover for holidays/leave of colleagues on other teams.
The candidate should have a valid Counterbalance FLT licence plus Warehousing experience. The successful candidate should have the ability to conduct tasks in a timely and efficient manner. Good clear communication skills, effective team working skills and a keen eye for detail are essential attributes required for this role. Ideally, the candidate should also be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of common computer packages.
Duties will include:
- Moving and stacking palletised product with an FLT
- Picking product from stock
- Stacking product to customer SOP requirements
- Receiving of good Goods in/out bound
- Carrying out manual procedures
- Loading and offloadingof Glass Bottles / Packaging
- Preparing trailers; including but not limited to pulling open/closed side curtains and fastening/unfastening load-securing straps
- Load securing
- Paperwork verifications
- Communication with managers, supervisors and stock control team
- General warehouse duties & good housekeeping practices
- Housing/checking stock from the production line
- General Warehouse duties.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very successful and well-known business.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please note we are unable to send a personal acknowledgment to every applicant. Thank you for your applications, we will be in contact if you are successful for interview.