Experience: Minimum 1 year experience preferred but not essential.
At our logistics depot in Haydock, St Helens we are looking for an experienced FLT Operative to join our team. Reasonable flexibility is essential as is the willingness to work additional overtime when required to cover for holidays/leave of colleagues on other teams.
The candidate should have a valid Counter Balance FLT licence plus Warehousing experience. LGV licence is preferred but not essential. The successful candidate should have the ability to conduct tasks in a timely and efficient manner. Good clear communication skills, effective team working skills and a keen eye for detail are essential attributes required for this role. Ideally, the candidate should also be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of common computer packages.
Duties will include:
- Moving and stacking palletised product with an FLT
- Picking product from stock
- Stacking product to customer SOP requirements
- Receiving of Goods in/out bound
- Carrying out manual procedures
- Loading and offloading of Glass Bottles / Packaging
- Preparing trailers; including but not limited to pulling open/closed side curtains and fastening/unfastening load-securing straps
- Load securing
- Paperwork verifications
- Communication with managers, supervisors and stock control team
- General warehouse duties & good housekeeping practices
- Housing/checking stock from the production line
- General Warehouse duties.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very successful and well known business.