Human Resources Advisor - Newhouse
Originating as a family-owned business in the 1920s, The Malcolm Group has become one of the leading providers of Logistics, Construction and Maintenance services in the UK. The group has an overall turnover of over £220m and employs in excess of 2,000 staff and operates from a multitude of own and customer-owned sites. Our Logistics division operates from numerous locations providing integrated logistics solutions including warehousing, road and rail distribution and supply chain management to a number of major customers across the UK. Malcolm Construction is one of the largest civils contractors in Scotland, operates the largest tipper and skip hire fleet in Scotland and is a recognised leader in landfill, waste management and recycling.
We are seeking to appoint a HR Advisor within our HR team based at our Logistics Head Office in Newhouse. Reporting directly to the Group HR Manager, you will play a pivotal role in providing comprehensive HR support to the business. You will collaborate closely with the wider HR team and assist line managers in addressing various people-related issues, with a focus on absence and performance management, policy and procedure application, recruitment, employment terms and conditions, discipline, management information, and administration.
Main duties include:
- Provide expert advice and guidance to line managers on employee relations (ER) matters.
- Effectively handle absence, disciplinary and performance management issues.
- Interpret and apply HR policies and procedures.
- Assist with recruitment activities.
- Manage employment terms and conditions.
- Maintain and analyse HR management information.
- Contribute to the organisation's initiatives for colleague engagement and diversity & inclusion.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Proven experience in delivering HR advice and support, particularly employee relations.
- Strong ability to find pragmatic and effective solutions.
- Proficiency in prioritising tasks and managing a diverse workload.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Willingness to provide face-to-face support and coaching to line managers to enhance their knowledge, skills, and competence.
If you are a dedicated HR professional looking to make a real impact in a collaborative and supportive environment who is committed to the growth and development of its employees, then I encourage you to apply!
See our website malcolmgroup.co.uk for further company information.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Don't have a CV? Download our application form here