Originating as a family-owned business in the 1920’s, The Malcolm Group has become one of the leading providers of Logistics, Construction and Maintenance services in the UK. The group has an overall turnover of over £220m and employs in excess of 2,000 staff and operates from a multitude of own and customer-owned sites.
Malcolm Logistics is a leading independent provider of third-party logistics services across the UK. Focused on Intermodal Solutions, we offer fully integrated Road, Rail, Warehousing, and Bonded Warehousing services throughout the UK and have a long-established focus on operational and service quality which has earned a strong reputation within the industry.
We are seeking to recruit a LGV Mechanic to strengthen our Workshop team on dayshifts at our Haydock depot from which we operate a fleet of 80 articulated and other vehicles.
- The routine servicing, maintenance, fault diagnosis and repairs on all vehicles as well as attending roadside breakdowns when required
- Looking after our substantial fleet as well as vehicles in-coming from other depots
- Servicing, maintenance, MOT preparation and repairs of a mixed fleet of tractor units, particularly Scania and Volvo, and curtain side trailers
This will suit a trained or experienced heavy goods mechanic or vehicle technician who enjoys a variety of work and a positive team environment and who wants to take up a great opportunity to join a major Company.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be time served or have a relevant Level 3 qualification
- Experience in a similar environment, preferably of working with Scania / Volvo LGVs and saf and bpw axles
- Demonstrate a high standard of work, a professional attitude and good communication skills
A LGV licence is desirable but not essential.
The actual hours of work, together with pay rates and other arrangements will be discussed at interview.
If you would like more details, please contact Dave Bunting, Workshop Manager on 01942 296765.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very successful and well-known business.
Please note we are unable to send a personal acknowledgment to every applicant. Thank you for your applications, we will be in contact if you are successful for interview.
Don't have a CV? Download our application form here