Logistics Assistant – (minimum) 10 Months Maternity Cover
Experience: Proven history of experience in a Logistics environment.
The Malcolm Group is a privately owned and highly successful logistics, construction and maintenance business employing over 2000 people across the UK. Our logistics division operates 450 trucks, over 5 million square feet of warehousing and major rail freight terminals, servicing several blue chip customers.
At our logistics depot in Avonmouth, Bristol we are seeking an experienced Logistics Assistant to provide a minimum of 10 months Maternity Cover in our busy depot. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing accurate and efficient support to all functions at the depot and will assist in the production of customer invoicing, depot reporting and site administration duties.
Duties will include:
- Assist the Transport Department with the planning of inbound and outbound deliveries and collections to ensure that customer service is achieved.
- Issue appropriate paperwork to Drivers at the beginning of shift. Ensure that completed paperwork is collected from Driver upon completion of each shift (brief/debrief)
- Deliver a consistently high level of administrative support to all internal functions and external customers.
- Carry out all Transport and Warehouse administration in accordance with Company/Depot requirements.
- Provide an excellent level of customer service by dealing with queries promptly and to the customers’ expectations whilst maintaining the Company’s interests.
- Review receipt of POD’s, and ensure that paperwork has been received for all loads.
- Assist with payroll by collecting and entering accurate hourly paid payroll data from Driver timesheets onto relevant systems.
- Carry out any other suitable/reasonable task as requested in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Develop and maintain excellent communication channels with all relevant WHM Transport Departments and depots to ensure an effective support network and continuity across depots.
Knowledge and understanding of Transport and Warehouse systems would be beneficial, although training for internal systems be provided.
Don't have a CV? Download our application form here