Logistics Night Shift Traffic Office Supervisor
Experience: Experience within a Traffic Office environment is essential.
The Malcolm Group is a privately owned and highly successful logistics, construction and maintenance business employing over 2000 people across the UK. Our logistics division operates 450 trucks, over 5 million square feet of warehousing and major rail freight terminals, servicing several blue chip customers.
At our logistics depot in Wakefield, West Yorkshire we are looking for a Traffic Supervisor to join our nightshift team. Reasonable flexibility is essential as is the willingness to work additional overtime when required to cover for holidays/leave of colleagues on other teams.
The candidate should have supervisory experience within a traffic office environment and be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of common computer packages. The successful candidate will have the ability to conduct tasks in a timely and efficient manner. A good telephone manner, clear communication and supervisory skills, effective team working skills and a keen eye for detail are essential attributes required for this role.
Duties will include:
- Supervision of a busy Traffic Office throughout the nightshift.
- Managing Driver activity in order to keep updated with delivery times and any delays.
- Ensuring that customers are notified of any amendments to delivery times.
- Regular communication with other WH Malcolm Depots.
- Maintaining communication with customers throughout the shift.
- Sorting and adding delivery notes to Day Drivers sheets.
- Liaising with Workshop and Warehouse in order to identify issues that may affect delivery times.
- Liaising with Traffic Team to carry out handovers from day to night shift.
- Driver De-brief
Knowledge and understanding of Roadrunner, Word and Excel systems would be beneficial, although training can be provided.
Salary will be £28,000 after 3-month probationary period.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very successful and well-known business.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Please note we are unable to send a personal acknowledgment to every applicant. Thank you for your applications, we will be in contact if you are successful for interview.
Don't have a CV? Download our application form here