Logistics Traffic Assistant
Experience: Experience in a Logistics environment would be preferable but not essential.
The Malcolm Group is a privately owned and highly successful logistics, construction and maintenance business employing over 2000 people across the UK. Our logistics division operates 450 trucks, over 5 million square feet of warehousing and major rail freight terminals, servicing several blue chip customers.
At our logistics depot in Avonmouth, Bristol we are seeking a Logistics Traffic Assistant. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing accurate and efficient support to all functions at the depot. Training will be given in all aspects of the operation.
Duties will include:
- Assist the Transport Department with the planning of inbound and outbound deliveries and collections to ensure that customer service is achieved.
- Issue appropriate paperwork to Drivers at the beginning of shift. Ensure that completed paperwork is collected from Driver upon completion of each shift (brief/debrief)
- Develop and maintain excellent communication channels with all relevant WHM Transport Departments and depots to ensure an effective support network and continuity across depots.
- Deliver a consistently high level of administrative support to all internal functions and external customers in accordance with Company/Depot requirements.
- Provide an excellent level of customer service by dealing with queries promptly and to the customers’ expectations whilst maintaining the Company’s interests.
- Carry out any other suitable/reasonable task as requested in order to meet the needs of the business.
Knowledge and understanding of Transport and Warehouse systems would be beneficial, although training for internal systems will be provided.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very successful and well-known business.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
Please note we are unable to send a personal acknowledgment to every applicant. Thank you for your applications, we will be in contact if you are successful for interview.
Don't have a CV? Download our application form here