Nightshift Traffic Planner
We are seeking to strengthen the existing team at our Linwood depot by appointing an experienced Nightshift Traffic Planner.
This role is ideally suited to an individual with a keen interest in transport and distribution who can demonstrate a proven record of effective and efficient transport planning within a national busy fleet operation. Like any transport planning role the overall objective is to ensure that the customer receives a first class service whilst maintaining cost effectiveness.
Main areas of responsibility will include:
- Providing professional customer service
- Day-to-day load planning and scheduling of the fleet
- Prioritising workload and route planning
- Daily driver brief and de-brief
- Tachograph tracking
- Liaising with sub-contractors and suppliers
- Liaising with other internal departments
Key skills and attributes:
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK
- Knowledge and understanding of Driver’s Working Time Regulations
- Awareness of Driver’s CPC legislation
- Effective team player
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good IT skills and exposure to route planning software or equivalent
- Container transport experience preferred but not essential
The successful candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding of the priorities of organising and running commercial traffic, a keen eye for detail and accuracy, the ability to learn quickly, professional confidence and clear communication skills together with a familiarity of common computer packages i.e. Microsoft Office or equivalent. Previous experience with Road Runner or similar route planning software is essential.
The hours of work will be based on Monday to Friday nightshift. You are expected to demonstrate reasonable flexibility in your working hours and start times in order to suit the needs of the business, particularly at peak operational periods.
A competitive salary is offered, which shall be discussed further at interview stage.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very successful and well known business and to develop your career.
Don't have a CV? Download our application form here