Experience: Knowledge of Railway Operations preferred but not essential as full training will be given.
At our Railport at Daventry we are looking for a Railport Controller to join our team. The successful candidate will be dedicated to meeting both the rigorous demands of our various customers, train deadlines and the safety and procedural essentials integral to such an operation. It is essential that you demonstrate a practical appreciation of railway operations including loading standards and railway group standards. Certificates of competence in such as carriage and wagon examination and shunting and train preparation will be a distinct advantage.
- The day to day co-ordination of Railport activities, Railport Operatives, Staff resources and Contractors.
- Organising the loading and unloading of trains, with the emphasis on ensuring that all necessary checks are carried out.
- Monitoring the inspection, maintenance and repair of MHE to ensure legislative compliance.
- Liaising with Train Operating Companies and Freight Aggregators to agree provision of rail wagons and service requirements.
- Working closely with site management to assist in improving H&S and to develop and maintain safe systems of work.
- Intermodal Reachstacker Licence.
- 08 Shunt Locomotive Licence.
- Certificate of Competency in Carriage & Wagon examination.
- Trained in Shunting and Train Preparation.
Please note that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to the relevant security checks to be carried out - details will be given upon selection for interview.
Don't have a CV? Download our application form here