Supply Chain Planner
The Malcolm Group is a privately-owned and highly successful business employing 2,500 people. Through its UK Logistics Division, the Company operates over 350 vehicles, over 5 million square feet of warehousing as well as rail terminals and services. The Company provides integrated third-party logistics solutions including bonded and non-bonded warehousing and supply chain management to a number of blue-chip customers across Scotland and England.
We currently have a vacancy for a Supply Chain Planner based in Newhouse, North Lanarkshire. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to support a major customer within the logistics division.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Managing planning of customer deliveries and subsequent billing processes
- Operational co-ordination between internal and external teams
- Ensuring service levels are maintained
- Support planning team
- Manage internal and external reporting
- Analysis of operational data
- Data management
- Process improvement
- Involvement in ad hoc project
Candidates are expected to demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Logistics or manufacturing experience (essential)
- Structured approach to problem solving - methodical, organised, numerate and analytical.
- Strong commercial skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills, with the ability to co-ordinate a number of internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborative working across multi-sites and multi-disciplines, to build effective relationships with a focus on customer experience
- Comfortable with high volume data sets
- Technical skills - advanced Excel (essential)
A competitive salary is offered and the hours of work for the position will be discussed further at interview.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very successful and well-known business and to develop your career.
Please note we are unable to send a personal acknowledgment to every applicant. Thank you for your applications, we will be in contact if you are successful for interview.
Don't have a CV? Download our application form here