The Malcolm Group is a privately owned and highly successful logistics, construction and maintenance business employing over 2000 people across the UK. Our logistics division operates 450 trucks, over 5 million square feet of warehousing and major rail freight terminals, servicing several blue-chip customers.
At our Railport at Daventry we are looking for a Traffic Clerk to join our team. The successful candidate will responsible for accurate data input onto stock control system including controlling access & egress of vehicles from the Railport traffic office and the administration and upkeep of records. The Traffic Clerk is the first point of contact for Drivers at the Railport and will be responsible for issuing all instructions and handouts.
A positive and professional attitude, attention to detail and the ability to demonstrate initiative is essential as are excellent communication skills.
- Data input onto stock control system for all vehicles utilising the Railport.
- Provide daily stock reports to customers in a timely manner.
- Ensure accurate loading of daily services via radio communications with MHE operators.
- Data input for daily export services & production of paperwork to allow pre-departure checks to be completed.
- Maintain customer storage files.
- Stock integrity checks.
- Liaise with customers on acceptance/release/service issues.
- Unit condition checks of all vehicles entering the Railport.
- Maintaining acceptance/ release files for container movements
- Traffic management.
- Loading standard checks on export units.
- Security checks on export units.
- Practical experience in the application/use of common computer packages.
- Working knowledge/appreciation of Health & Safety.
- Knowledge of Railway loading standards (preferred but not essential).
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very successful and well-known business.
Don't have a CV? Download our application form here