The Company is seeking to appoint an experienced and competent dayshift Traffic Planner at our Grangemouth depot. This is an exciting opportunity to join a very successful and well known business.
This role is ideally suited to an individual with a keen interest in transport and distribution who can demonstrate a proven record of effective and efficient transport planning within a national busy fleet operation. The overall objective of this role is to ensure that the customer receives a first class service whilst maintaining cost effectiveness.
Main areas of responsibility will include:
- Providing professional customer service
- Day-to-day load planning and scheduling of the fleet
- Prioritising workload and route planning
- Daily driver brief and de-brief
- Tachograph tracking
- Liaising with sub-contractors and suppliers
- Liaising with other internal departments
Key skills and attributes:
- Good geographical knowledge of WHM customer routes in the UK and associated planning implications
- Knowledge and understanding of HGV Driver’s Working Time Regulations and their application
- Awareness of HGV Driver’s CPC legislation
- Effective team player
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good IT skills and exposure to route planning software or equivalent
- Logistics planning experience is essential
- An operational understanding and familiarity of articulated vehicles, containers, curtain sided and skeleton trailers
The successful candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding of the priorities of organising and running commercial traffic, a keen eye for detail and accuracy, the ability to learn quickly,professional confidence and clear communication skills together with a familiarity of common computer packages i.e.Microsoft Office or equivalent.
The hours of work will be based on Monday to Friday dayshifts and weekend working on a rota basis. You are expected to demonstrate reasonable flexibility in your working hours in order to suit the needs of the business, particularly at peak operational periods.
A competitive salary is offered, which shall be discussed further at interview stage.
Don't have a CV? Download our application form here