Trainee Administration Assistant – Modern Apprenticeship
We are seeking to appoint a Trainee Administration Assistant to provide administration support to the Support Services team based at Newhouse depot. Reporting to the Support Services Secretary, this key role takes the form of a modern apprenticeship that will include undertaking a SVQ qualification via a training programme, and will therefore suit an ambitious individual with a keen interest in learning and understanding about an office environment. This is an exciting opportunity to join a very successful and well known business.
The role will be based at the Support Services reception desk, main responsibilities will include:
- Answering telephones and directing calls accordingly.
- Greeting visitors and directing them to the relevant department.
- Coordinating meeting room bookings and organising catering for meetings.
- Stationery stock taking and ordering.
- Uniform stock taking and ordering.
- Postal duties including regular visits to the Post Office.
- Assisting with co-ordination and production of Employee Induction Packs
- Managing the department’s petty cash.
- General administration duties including filing, photocopying, scanning, printing, laminating and the like as required by Newhouse Depot Manager and Support Services based departments such as HR, Marketing, Finance and IT.
- Assisting with the processing and handling of key HR confidential documentation and administration as and when required.
- Prioritising workload and responding to varying administrative requests.
- Liaising with administrative departments at other depots.
- Daily/weekly office housekeeping, tidying and organisational duties.
This role is varied and as such is ideally suited to an individual who is confident, enthusiastic, eager to learn and develop in a fast paced office environment. Previous administrative experience including having undertaken relevant subjects such as Administration at Standard Grade or Higher level will prove beneficial but full training will be provided in what is an exciting opportunity for an individual wishing to learn and in time progress to a fully trained Administration Assistant within a successful company.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a keen eye for detail whilst working under pressure, the ability to learn quickly, demonstrate initiative and strong organisational skills, professional confidence and clear communication skills together with a familiarity with common computer packages i.e. Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel and Outlook.
Please note that a valid UK Driving Licence is required for this role due to location and for the purpose of postal runs, catering collections and other errands as required. The expected hours of work will be 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. See our Company website www.malcolmgroup.co.uk for further company information.
Please note that by applying for this role, you are agreeing for the relevant checks to be carried out in respect of your potential eligibility to take part in a funded vocational Modern Apprenticeship programme
Don't have a CV? Download our application form here