Trainee Logistics Assistant
No experience necessary as full training will be given.
Applicants must have a minimum of GCSE Grade C passes (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain a Modern Apprenticeship in a logistics operation. This is a permanent role for which you will receive on the job training, support and mentoring in order to achieve the skills and knowledge to become an effective Logistics Operative. You will also receive training from our external training provider.
We are seeking a highly organised individual, with excellent communication skills to be responsible for providing accurate and efficient logistics support to the depot. A positive and professional attitude and the ability to demonstrate initiative is essential as are excellent communication skills.
Duties will include:
- Providing administrative support for the safe, legal and effective planning and running of a fleet of vehicles and drivers.
- Maintaining outstanding levels of customer service for several of the Company’s contracts by liaising with customer personnel via telephone and email.
- Ensuring that relevant Transport systems are updated accurately and in real time as and when changes occur throughout the shift.
- Maintaining excellent levels of communication with Internal WH Malcolm Traffic Offices through UK.
- Issuing appropriate paperwork to Drivers at the beginning of shift. Ensuring that completed paperwork is collected from Drivers upon completion of each shift (brief/debrief)
- Entering accurate real time delivery updates onto customers own internal systems e.g. Late arrivals, delivery time changes etc.
- Competent and knowledgeable use of WH Malcolm internal traffic systems (Roadrunner).
- General ad-hoc duties to support the smooth running of the operation.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very successful and well known business with all the usual
benefits of working for a large company.
Don't have a CV? Download our application form here