Trainee Logistics Assistant
Experience: Not essential as full training will be given.
Applicants must have a minimum of GCSE Grade C passes (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
Own transport will be necessary due to the location of depot.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain a Modern Apprenticeship in a logistics operation. This is a permanent role for which you will receive on the job training, support and mentoring in order to achieve the skills and knowledge to become an effective Logistics Assistant. You will also receive classroom based training from our external training provider.
We are seeking a highly organised individual, with excellent communication skills to be work toward being responsible for providing accurate and efficient logistics support to the traffic function at the depot and to maintain outstanding levels of customer service to our clients. A positive and professional attitude and the ability to demonstrate initiative is essential as are excellent communication skills.
Duties will include:
- Providing administrative support for the safe, legal and effective planning and running of a fleet of vehicles and drivers.
- Maintaining outstanding levels of customer service for several of the Company’s contracts by liaising with customer personnel via telephone and email.
- Ensuring that relevant Transport systems are updated accurately and in real time as and when changes occur throughout the shift.
- Maintaining excellent levels of communication with Internal WH Malcolm Traffic Offices through UK.
- Issuing appropriate paperwork to Drivers at the beginning of shift. Ensuring that completed paperwork is collected from Drivers upon completion of each shift (brief/debrief)
- Entering accurate real time delivery updates onto customers own internal systems e.g. Late arrivals, delivery time changes etc.
- Competent and knowledgeable use of WH Malcolm internal traffic systems (Roadrunner).
- General ad-hoc duties to support the smooth running of the operation.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very successful and well known business.
Please note that by applying for this role, you are agreeing for the relevant eligibility checks to be carried out as part of our selection process.
Don't have a CV? Download our application form here