Trainee Warehouse Assistant
The Malcolm Group is a privately owned and highly successful business employing circa 2000 people across Scotland and England. Our Logistics division provides supply chain management, storage, distribution and related services to a number of major customers via numerous strategically located intermodal centres, and is the operator of major rail freight terminals, 450 trucks and over 5 million square feet of warehousing throughout the UK. The Company provides integrated third-party logistics solutions including bonded and non-bonded warehousing and supply chain management to a number of blue-chip customers across Scotland and England.
The Company is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Trainee Warehouse Assistant at our logistics centre in Grangemouth, Newhouse and Linwood. This is an excellent opportunity to gain a Modern Apprenticeship in a transport operation and will include undertaking an SVQ Logistics Operations qualification via a training programme. This is a permanent role for which the successful candidate will receive on the job training, support and mentoring.
We are seeking a highly organised individual, with excellent communication skills to be work toward being responsible for providing accurate and efficient logistics support to the warehouse function at the depot and to maintain outstanding levels of customer service to our clients. A positive and professional attitude and the ability to demonstrate initiative is essential as are excellent communication skills.
Training and development will be given with regard to the following responsibilities and duties which will include but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative support for the safe, legal and effective planning the smooth operation of our bonded warehouse
- Maintaining outstanding levels of customer service for several of the Company’s contracts by liaising with customer personnel via telephone and email
- Ensuring that relevant Warehouse systems are updated accurately and in real time as and when changes occur throughout the shift
- Maintaining excellent levels of communication with the warehouse team and W H Malcolm Ltd employees
- Issuing appropriate paperwork to warehouse staff at the beginning of shift. Ensuring that completed paperwork is completed at the end of each shift
- Daily stock counting and warehouse admin duties such as scanning and filing
- Competent and knowledgeable use of Warehouse Management Systems (i.e. Dispatcher).
- General ad-hoc duties to support the smooth running of the operation
Logistics experience is not essential as full training will be provided. However, knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Outlook will prove beneficial.
Please note that by applying for this role, you are agreeing for the relevant checks to be carried out in respect of your potential eligibility to take part in a funded vocational Modern Apprenticeship programme.
The hours of work will be based on Monday to Friday and are expected to comprise a 35-hour working week. The salary offered is competitive and will be discussed further at interview.
Please note we are unable to send a personal acknowledgment to every applicant. Thank you for your applications, we will be in contact if you are successful for interview.
Don't have a CV? Download our application form here
- High Bay Warehouse