Transport Planner - Leven
Originating as a family-owned business in the 1920’s, The Malcolm Group has become one of the leading providers of Logistics, Construction and Maintenance services in the UK. This year the Company celebrates 100 successful years of business!
The Company is seeking to appoint a Transport Administrator based at our customer site in Leven, Fife.
This role is ideally suited to an individual with a keen interest in transport, warehousing and distribution, who can also demonstrate a proven record of effective and efficient transport administration related duties within a national busy fleet operation. Like any transport role the overall objective is to ensure that the customer receives a first class service whilst maintaining an effective operation within the traffic department.
Main areas of responsibility will include:
· Providing professional customer service
· Day-to-day transport and warehouse related administration completed in line with the requirements of the depot
· Ensuring a smooth running of the department and all relevant transport documentation is accurately completed and signed
· Daily driver briefs and de-briefs
· Liaising with sub-contractors
· Liaising with other internal departments
Key skills and attributes required:
· Good geographical knowledge of the UK
· Knowledge and understanding of Driver’s Working Time Regulations
· Awareness of Driver’s CPC legislation
· Effective team player
· Excellent organisation and communication skills
· Good IT skills and exposure to route planning software or equivalent
The successful candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding of the priorities of organising and overseeing commercial traffic, a keen eye for detail and accuracy, the ability to learn quickly, professional confidence and clear communication skills together with a familiarity of common computer packages i.e. Microsoft Office or equivalent. Previous experience with Road Runner or similar route planning software is desirable, however training will be provided.
The hours of work will be based on weekend working and will be discussed further at interview. Due to the nature of our operations, reasonable flexibility would be expected on occasions regarding working hours, particularly during peak operational periods.
To apply please visit our company website malcolmgroup.co.uk
Please note we are unable to send a personal acknowledgment to every applicant. Thank you for your applications, we will be in contact if you are successful for interview.
Don't have a CV? Download our application form here