Wakefield Trainee Administrator
Experience not essential as full training will be given.
Own transport will be necessary due to the location of depot.
The Malcolm Group is a privately owned and highly successful logistics, construction and maintenance business employing over 2000 people across the UK.
At our logistics depot at Wakefield, West Yorkshire we are seeking to employ a Trainee Administrator to work within our busy depot. This is an ideal entry level opportunity for somebody who has an interest in logistics and would like the opportunity to develop a career within an interesting and rapidly changing industry covering transport, distribution and warehousing.
We do not require any experience or industry knowledge as full in house training will be provided. A positive and professional attitude and the ability to demonstrate initiative is essential as are excellent communication skills.
Duties will include:
- Maintain outstanding levels of customer service for several of the Company’s contracts by liaising with customer personnel via telephone and email.
- Liaise with internal functions via telephone, email and system updates.
- Accurate creation of jobs on internal systems.
- Maintain excellent communication channels between all internal functions, responding to queries promptly and efficiently.
- Carrying out Warehouse and Transport administration, featuring elements of stock control.
- Regular and ongoing monitoring of our service performance in order to ensure full compliance with agreed key performance indicators.
- Entering accurate real time delivery updates onto customers own internal systems e.g. Late arrivals, delivery time changes etc.
- Receive job details and accurately input them onto the relevant traffic computer system.
- Maintain excellent levels of communication with Internal WH Malcolm Traffic and Admin offices throughout UK.
- General ad-hoc administrative duties.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very successful and well known business.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please note we are unable to send a personal acknowledgment to every applicant. Thank you for your applications, we will be in contact if you are successful for interview.
Don't have a CV? Download our application form here