We have excellent opportunities to become part of our workshop operation in a variety of roles dealing with LGV’s, tippers and plant fleets, all committed to providing a first class service to our internal and external fleet users.
Scope and Purpose of the Role
Our workshops rely on a number of different skill sets and job holders ranging from unskilled through semi-skilled to skilled technicians e.g. Mechanics/Technicians, Trailer Fitters and Tyre Fitters. Maintaining company vehicles to agreed standards and following all Health & Safety (H&S) requirements. Ensuring all regulations & other compliance standards are maintained.
Key Duties and Accountabilities – Dependent on role (will include but not be limited to)
- Vehicle fault finding and diagnosis.
- Day to day repairs on our current LGV’s, tippers and plant fleets.
- Scheduled vehicle inspections.
- MOT preparation and servicing.
- Breakdown recovery.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness using all equipment safely as specified in operating procedures and Safe Systems of Work.
- Adhere to all H&S rules. Comply with other sites rules and maintain high standards of compliance, hygiene and housekeeping.
- Maintaining a professional standard whilst delivering, driving or collecting products.
- Operate in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Wearing correct company uniform and PPE.
Key Experience and Qualifications – Dependent on Role
- Reasonable level of experience within the role applied for.
- Must have a current, valid licence appropriate to the category required. LGV licence preferred but not essential
Technical skills and behavioural competencies – Dependent on Role.
- Time served/reasonable level of experience dependant on role applied for.
- Good diagnostic/problem solving skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, within the workshop and all internal company departments, e.g. warehouse, traffic office.
- Good customer service and communication skills.
- Health and Safety conscious.
- Demonstrate company values.
- Ability to complete record sheets and paperwork accurately.
- Reasonable levels of fitness in relation to manual handling.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Demonstrate a reasonable standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Various shifts available.
- Reasonable overtime available in line with operational requirements.
- Work for a professional, highly successful business with several blue chip customers.
- Modern fleet and workshop equipment.
- Competitive base and overtime rates.
- Provision of uniform and PPE.
- Auto enrolled pension scheme.
- Loanhead Quarry
- Shewalton Quarry