The Malcolm Group is a privately owned and highly successful logistics, construction and maintenance business employing over 2000 people across the UK. Our logistics division operates 450 trucks, over 5 million square feet of warehousing and major rail freight terminals, servicing several blue-chip customers.
At our Logistics Depot in Haydock, St Helens we are recruiting for a Workshop Labourer/Assistant to join our busy Workshop on Dayshift.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have experience working in a busy logistics workshop or similar, inaddition to general maintenance/cleaning experience. A professional attitude and good timekeeping skills are essential, in addition to enthusiasm and a good work ethic. An LGV licence would also be advantageous although not essential.
The candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively with other employees and visitors to the Workshop. It is essential to be able to prioritise own workload and work independently and also work as part of a team within the Workshop.
Duties will include:
- Provide general labouring assistance and support to the Workshop Team.
- Assist the Workshop Team with basic vehicle preparation in advance of servicing, scheduled inspections, MOT prep and general repairs.
- Ensure that the Workshop is clean and tidy.
- Collect/deliver parts as and when required.
- Carry out basic tyre repairs.
- Ensure that loose debris or litter is collected and disposed of and overflowing bins are emptied.
- Carry out all other ad hoc cleaning/labouring duties as and when required.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very successful and well known business.
Please note we are unable to send a personal acknowledgment to every applicant. Thank you for your applications, we will be in contact if you are successful for interview.
Don't have a CV? Download our application form here