We hope you will enjoy using the The Malcolm Group Ltd’s website (our “website”) and we want to make sure your experience is as safe and useful as possible. Here you can find out how our website works, what data we collect from you, how we use it, conditions where we may disclose this data to others and how we keep it secure. By using our website you agree to be bound by the terms of this policy.
The Malcolm Group Limited together with any subsidiary undertakings (Group number SC283168) (“we”, “our” and “us”) takes the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adheres to guidelines published in the United Kingdom Data Protection Act of 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018. We are data controller of any personal data that you provide us.
Any questions relating to this policy and our privacy practices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
We collect personal information that you give us by filling in forms. It includes information that you provide when you complete the enquiry form on our website.
We may collect the following personal information about you, including:
- Name, e-mail address, address, employer and telephone number;
- your IP address and clicks on our website from your use of our online services;
If our website leads you to visit one of our locations we use CCTV to monitor all of our premises, therefore your image and potentially your vehicle registration will be captured and stored for up to 6 months
Why we need this information about you
We need your information and use the information we collect about you:
- to enable us to supply you with information, products and services that you have requested;
- to help us with understanding more about how our site is used;
- to be able to send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise; and
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations.
It is your choice whether you receive marketing information from us. If you indicated that you are interested in receiving regular information about our activities, we will send you communications either electronically or by post. In addition, we may send you direct mail that we feel may be of interest to you. We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given your prior consent. If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive this information, please send a written request to email@example.com.
Also, all of our email marketing correspondence gives you the option to opt-out of receiving further marketing emails. Please note that you will still receive emails directly related to an enquiry you have submitted via our contact form
Cookies are small text files, placed on your hard disk by a web page server. They are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the Cookie to you.
We use encrypted information gathered from Cookies to improve your online experience with our website.
We use per session Cookies which are deleted when you leave our website. They help keep track of your progress so you don’t have to enter the same information more than once. More specifically we use a range of Cookies, including those noted below:
- __utma – This is a Google Analytics cookie and tracks the number of times you have visited our website.
- __utmb and __utmc – This is another Google Analytics cookie and acts to calculate how long you have spent on our website in each session.
- __utmz – This Google Analytics cookie tracks what search engine you have visited the site from and which search terms you used to find our website.
In addition we make use of Google Analytics, an industry standard package which allows us to measure the performance metrics of our website. Google provide their own mechanisms for disabling Analytics without your browser should you wish to : https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en
- Facebook Pixel – this is an analytical tool that helps us measure the effectiveness of our advertising. For more information on our use of pixels please go to: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/651294705016616
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us electronically; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Sharing of your information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will be processed only by our employees within the UK/EEA. We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you.
Transfers outside the UK and Europe
Your information will only be stored within the UK and EEA.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
We will generally keep your information as long as is necessary to fulfil our obligations to you after which this will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the reasons it was obtained.
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records;
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information; and
- request to have your information deleted.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information.