Forklift Truck Driver/Warehouse Operative - Harlow
The Malcolm Group is a privately owned and highly successful logistics, construction and maintenance business employing over 2000 people across the UK. Our Logistics Division operates from numerous locations providing integrated logistics solutions including warehousing, road and rail distribution and supply chain management. We operate 450 trucks, over 5 million square feet of warehousing and major rail freight terminals, servicing several blue chip customers.
The Company currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Forklift Truck Driver/Warehouse Operative to join our team at Harlow, Essex.
The job-holder must possess a counterbalance FLT licence, have experience of working in a warehouse environment and understand FLT and logistics operations, including picking stock, case picking, loading and unloading trailers and general handling of various palletised case goods.
The main duties will involve:
- Loading and off-loading of various goods
- Scanning of goods in/out bound
- Carrying out manual procedures
- Preparing trailers including but not limited to pulling open/closing side curtains & fastening/unfastening load-securing straps
- Load securing
- Paperwork verifications
- Stock control
- Manual lifting
- A key focus on Health and Safety in the workplace
- Communication with managers, supervisors and stock control team
- General warehouse duties & house keeping
You must be confident, competent and have good communication skills given the safety critical nature of the work that is undertaken.
The hours of work will be based on 4o4o rotating dayshift and nightshift basis. Due to the nature of our operations, reasonable flexibility is expected on occasions regarding working hours, particularly during peak operational periods.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very successful and well-known business and to develop your career.